Friday, January 1, 2010

NO RESOLUTIONS FOR 2010

I'm sure you're thinking that I have come up with a new way to get you to promise to do some things in 2010 that you really won't be able to do. No. I'm not. I believe that resolutions, promises you make to yourself (and sometimes others) and then usually break, are not what I want us to do this year. That has become a bad habit that we've developed, that gets triggered by the New Year. Also, I heard on the news that 35% of people make New Years resolutions (I'm sure more than that at least think about making a few), and only 8% keep them. That stinks! So I'm going to suggest, NO resolutions this year, go ahead and live your life.
I am continuing to encourage you to think (some) about the choices you make, and the short and long term effects of your actions. Of course we don't feel great about all of the decisions that we make, but make them CONSCIOUSLY. That would mean not automatically lighting a cigarette as soon as you get in the car. Think about it first. The same with having that last drink "for the road" before leaving your friends' house. It means thinking about what you're doing, when you allow your partner or your kids to talk disrespectfully to you. Also not just automatically being rude (or mean) to someone, especially someone you love.

This approach to life helps you be more responsible for your behavior. No more, "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." You won't have to feel like: "Wow, I gained those extra 20 pounds before I knew it." You'll know. You will also be more aware, more focused, and I think more confident as you make things happen in your life. You'll be happier with yourself, and the people that you choose to spend your time with. So I would say for 2010, to Live Your Life! Have a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year, if you choose to.

Look what we did...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea... now all we need is for you to be sitting there on the bench when we pass so we can receive therapy on the go!!! LOL :c)

Tomica